Tuesday 2 June 2009

An Update...

Just thought I'd give you all an update as to the events mentioned in one of my previous posts. (Stunned...)

My friend who had his home burned down is doing much better now. He is seeing it as a unique opportunity to make a fresh start. Obviously it was a highly traumatic experience, but he sees that God is in control of the whole situation. My other friend who was mugged at gunpoint is doing much better as well. Thankfully her insurance will cover most of the financial costs of replacing locks and keys, etc. And whilst she is still processing what happened, she knows that God was watching over her that day. Thank you for your prayers into both these situations.

As to myself, I have been busy the past couple of days with getting things in order for my trip overseas. I bought my USA - SA adaptor plug a few days ago and have even hauled out my suitcase in preparation for my packing. If you know me well this won't surprise you, as I usually like having things ready several days in advance. I have also been doing a few odd jobs around the house, such as cutting the creeper off the garage roof and cleaning out the gutters. Tomorrow I need to go to the traffic department and apply to have my driver's licence renewed, since it expires shortly after I get back from the USA. I've got a long checklist of Things To Do and I feel so fulfilled when I get to check something off! But unfortunately I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a cough so I am making sure I hit this cold hard before I leave in under two weeks time! More coming soon - God bless!

No comments: