Friday 18 August 2023

Travels to Lebanon...

I was up early on Sunday, June 18th, and crept quietly out of the room, being careful not to disturb my sleeping family. Shirley dropped me off at Glasgow International Airport, and from here I caught my Lufthansa flights to Beirut, Lebanon, via Frankfurt.

Both flights went incredibly smoothly (despite an hour's delay in Frankfurt with a passenger who'd checked their bag onto the flight, but then failed to board the plane) and I was soon landing at Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport. The photo here is my view as we taxied to the terminal. Immigration and baggage claim were uneventful, and I stepped out into the public area of the airport to be met by my Horizons' colleague and friend, Timy. He drove me to the Padova Hotel in Beirut, the location for the Horizons' global staff summit!

The words which I type over the next few posts will not do justice to the fantastic time I had in Lebanon! :)

Wonderful to see the "Queen of the Skies", the Boeing 747, still flying for Lufthansa.
Taxiing for departure at Frankfurt.
Taking off from Frankfurt.
Soaring over Germany.
A ship as seen from around 37,000 feet. The smoke trail from its funnel is clearly visible.
Beautiful clouds over Cyprus.
Descending over the Mediterranean Sea as we approach Beirut.
Final approach to the runway.
Middle East Airlines planes on the tarmac at Beirut.

No comments: