Wednesday 30 August 2023

Departing Lebanon...

After a wonderful week in Lebanon, the day of my flights back to my family in Scotland had finally arrived (Saturday, 24th June). I said many sad farewells during the early morning, and then went with friends to an Armenian bakery before lunch. We enjoyed delicious kunefe and also explored the Beirut Mall - picture below. :)

Soon though, we were back at the hotel and I was ready to head to the airport for my Lufthansa flights from Beirut to Frankfurt and on to Glasgow. My flight departing Beirut was considerably delayed, which meant that my connection in Frankfurt was going to be less than an hour. 

Upon landing and disembarking the aeroplane, I sprinted through the airport and managed to make my flight to Glasgow - which was also (thankfully) delayed. My final flight went smoothly, and I was soon on the ground in Scotland. My sister picked me up and we were back at her flat at midnight. It had been an amazing week in the Middle East!

Inscription on the foundation stone of the hotel.
One final breakfast at the hotel.
Amazing treats at the Armenian bakery.
View of Beirut from the top floor of the hotel.
Climbing out of Beirut onboard the Lufthansa A321neo.

No comments: