Wednesday 24 October 2007

My Farewell Party - 20th October 2007


A few days ago, coinciding with the Rugby World Cup final, I had my farewell party for some close friends. It was a bring and braai (or barbecue - if you're from America or Britain) and was a good time spent relaxing in the company of many friends. Above right is myself and one of my friends, Mary, showing our true colours! Of course, we were all stoked when South Africa defeated England to claim our second William Webb Ellis trophy... Go SPRINGBOKS!!


Of course, as I type this, it is only nine days before I fly off to join the M/V "Africa Mercy" in Monrovia. And now the nerves and butterflies are starting to take effect... But also an awesome sense of anticipation and excitement as I go out into the world, serving God in impoverished Africa. The clock is ticking... I'm not sure whether I'll have time to update this before I leave, so the next time a message is posted on this, I may very well be in Monrovia, on-board the world's largest hospital ship! Until then, keep well and God bless!

No comments: