Saturday 29 June 2019

Father's Day Fun...

Father's Day was a pretty interesting event, this year round. I had a very enjoyable day, up until about 18h15, when things took a turn for the surreal and rather stressful. But more on that in the next post. For now, I am so happy to be a father to these two little kiddos. Riaan and Eliza mean the world to me - and I am so thankful to be their Daddy! :)

The day started with Candace bringing me a yummy breakfast in bed, accompanied by my favourite South African fruit juice, Ceres, Litchi flavour, and then later in the day she made BLT sandwiches for lunch.

After our lunch, we walked to a playground next to the church building and the kiddos had a wonderful time running around and being outside. Once home, I went for a great Father's Day cycle, although I had to make tracks home pretty quickly as some threatening thunderstorms were moving in our direction.

I got home just as it started raining, and it stormed for several minutes and dumped a lot of rain on the already-saturated ground. We spent the late afternoon digging drainage trenches and mopping up the standing water outside, but little did we know that all our work was going to be in vain just an hour or so later.

 Ceres is the best!
 Looking north-west on my cycle.
 Selfie while enjoying my Father's Day cycle.
 Storm clouds heading my way.
 We tried our best to get the water moving after the thunderstorm, but the ground was just too waterlogged. We'd received a lot of rain in the previous days, too.
 The vehicles are almost sitting in the water. Drainage is an issue in this part of town.
 Eliza loved being outside and getting all muddy!
 View looking south-west.
Looking north-east across our garden. We hope that when they do more landscaping work and plant grass come August, then that'll help with our drainage issues.

No comments: