Tuesday 21 April 2020

Cycle with Riaan...

Riaan and I went for a cycle on an overcast early-April day recently. It was not as pleasant a cycle as is often the case, unfortunately. We were chased by two sets of two large dogs within a space of about 300 metres. (1,000 feet.)

I don't know if you've ever been unfit, with a four-year-old on the back of the bike, and then had to quickly accelerate to outpace two large dogs running alongside you, while simultaneously shouting at them to leave you alone. It took my breath away and really made me feel it in my lungs. And then the exact same thing happened again just down the road with two different but equally intimidating dogs!

Oh well. We still managed to enjoy our father-son bonding time, but we did cut our bike ride a little bit shorter than initially planned. We won't be riding that route again!

Flooded fields after recent heavy rains.

No comments: