Friday 24 July 2020

Cycle to the Ramseys...

I went for a cycle to the White River at The Ramseys north-west of us recently. It was a little further than this family ride we did back in May. It was pretty cool to see the old Max G. Ramsey Memorial Bridge there that dates from 1903. The cycle ride itself was about 25 kms (16 miles) and was a good workout on my new (used) Cannondale road bike. :)

I crossed into Knox County on my ride. The White River forms the natural boundary between Daviess and Knox Counties.
The picturesque White River.
I made sure not to drop anything as I crossed the bridge!
The houses by the river are all on stilts due to recurring flooding.
Leaving the river community and heading back to Washington.
The fields here also fall victim to frequent flooding.
Though to be fair, they have essentially planted crops in a former wetland area.
Crossing over Prairie Creek.
I arrived back home after 9pm at night!

No comments: