Wednesday 22 September 2021

9/11 Cycle and Eagle...

I went for a rather lengthy 60 km (37 mile) cycle through Amish country on the 20th anniversary of 9/11. My legs didn't have much to give on my ride, especially with the strong south-westerly wind actively working against me on my route home. But it was a good ride, and a highlight was waiting for me just on the outskirts of Washington.

I spotted a bald eagle perched in the trees overlooking a lake, and stopped and watched for a couple of minutes. The family and I drove there several hours later (and saw a fawn and a helicopter on the way) to snap some photos, and to watch this beautiful creature in flight.

It's rather fitting that this eagle (the photo at left shows the eagle above a plane that had just taken off from the airport) appeared on 9/11, and to me it's quite personal. The Lord often puts an eagle in my life to remind me of his promises:

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40: 31 NIV)

The big red shed on County Road 1000 N in the vicinity of Odon.
US flag at half-mast for Patriot's Day. (9/11.)
Little fawn on the road.
IU Health LifeLine chopper at Daviess County Airport.
The bald eagle soars majestically through the air.

No comments: