Wednesday 16 September 2009

Manning Reception...

As promised in an earlier post here are some photos of me working at the Reception desk and manning the Fire Panel. I also include some photos below of me standing in front of the Africa Mercy.

I know that my hair is quite a mess, but don't worry, for I have now had a really sweet haircut and so it's nice and short. And I'm now clean-shaven (although still sporting a gotee), which makes a huge difference when you have to wear a uniform each day!

Work this week has been busy and a little tiring, but otherwise I'm still enjoying it. It's great to play a small, but important role in supporting the general crew and (of course) the medical staff on this wonderful ship of mercy. We are all, after all, part of one body.

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ [...] Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
(1 Corinthians 12: 12, 27 NIV)


No comments: