Wednesday 24 February 2010

Cape Town-bound...

After nearly six months here on the Africa Mercy I am heading home for a short two-and-a-half week vacation. It's the right time to go for a holiday, as I am getting tired and need a small small break from ship life. (Which I do love, by the way.)

I make my way to Accra, Ghana, on Friday morning and from there fly with South African Airways to Johannesburg and on to Cape Town. I'll be back home in the Mother City on Saturday morning.

Not only will I see family, friends and my beloved dog Scruffy, it will also allow me to cycle the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour. This is the world's largest-timed cycling event, attracting over 35,000 cyclists, and is held each year in Cape Town. I'll be cycling this event for Mercy Ships, just as I did last year. Be sure I'll keep you posted how it goes.

For now please pray for safe travels for me this weekend. Thanks!

No comments: