Monday 6 May 2013

Eating wild honey...

Candace and I went to the church service last night. It was lovely to meet some new people and enjoy fellowship with believers. They're following the book of Luke in this series, and the message focused on John the Baptist's mission in Luke 3: 1 - 17.

What struck me was just how content John the Baptist was. He was out in the wilderness, eating locusts and wild honey, and following God's call on his life. And yet despite the challenges of his lifestyle choice, he was totally committed to his mission.

I wonder how I would fare in a similar situation. Sure I like eating honey, but I'm sure that would come with a lot of bee stings! And don't even get me started on the locusts! Anyway, this message was a huge encouragement to keep a positive attitude and be content in whatever circumstance. Definitely a good reminder for any situation in life!

No comments: