Monday 10 February 2014

30th Birthday...

I celebrated my 30th birthday last Wednesday, 5th February. (Cake here in Cape Town pictured.) Now having turned 30, I can look back on my 20s and see all that God did from 2004 till today. I was able to finish two university degrees in the first few years of the decade. But the thing that stands out strongly during this time is my association with Mercy Ships. God led me into Mercy Ships at the age of 23 and has been faithful as I have served with Mercy Ships for at least a part of every year from 2007 until 2014.

And while with Mercy Ships, He brought two lives together when I met my bride-to-be Candace in Sierra Leone in 2011. I am very thankful and extremely blessed. The 5th February 2014 not only marks my 30th birthday, but it also marks three months since I last saw Candace. But more importantly it is three weeks till I see Candace again! She's coming to visit me in Cape Town while we wait on our visa paperwork so that we can be permanently reunited in Indiana. The best birthday present ever is the thought of seeing my beautiful bride soon! :-)

The cake Candace made for me in Indiana. :-)
With my nephews as we celebrate my birthday together. Note the Mercy Ships patches on their t-shirts. :-)

No comments: