Wednesday 4 December 2019

Rugby World Cup Victory!

The Rugby World Cup occurs every four years and sees the world's top rugby nations battle for world rugby domination. The All Blacks have won three editions and up until this year, South Africa had won two: 1995 and 2007. I can still remember the euphoria that South Africa's victory brought the country in the aftermath of both of those World Cups. It was amazing!

This year, I enjoyed watching South Africa's journey through the 2019 Rugby World Cup from afar. It has been wonderful being able to watch the games live online, albeit very early in the morning. And so it was that I woke up early and watched South Africa defeat England 32-12 in an entertaining Final to win their third Rugby World Cup on November 2nd. Riaan was also quite excited - as he proudly shows off his "Bokkie" here. The tournament in Japan was fantastic and I'm so proud to be South African! :) I also dressed up as a Springbok rugby player for my work's dress-up day late in October!

 My Springbok costume for my work's dress-up day.
 2019 Rugby World Cup jersey.
Streaming the Final live on my cell phone. :)

No comments: