Friday 17 March 2023

Cycle Tour Ride...

The Cape Town Cycle Tour - formerly known as the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour - is the world's largest-timed cycling event. Over many years, my family and I would cycle this race around the beautiful Cape Peninsula. Before I moved to the United States, I had completed 24 consecutive tours from 1991 until 2014. We were back in Cape Town in 2017 to ride what would have been my 25th tour, but unfortunately that was the year that hurricane-force winds barrelled around the Peninsula, forcing the first cancellation in the Tour's history

The 45th Cycle Tour was held this past Sunday (12th March) in near-perfect conditions, and my Mom, Dad, and brother all completed the ride together. It was my brother's 33rd tour, my Dad's 31st tour, and my Mom's 29th tour! It made me feel rather homesick, but I went for my own ride the day before the Cycle Tour - in honour of all those friends and family taking part in this fantastic day. Well done, Cape Town, on hosting another world-class event! :)

No comments: