Saturday 9 February 2013

Candace's Birthday...

It is an unusually cold and wet February day as I type this entry. Candace and I were going to go for a lovely long cycle this morning, but when we woke up the rain was steadily falling. We're packing and getting ready for our next adventure, and only a short while ago we were unpacking after our long service on the ship in West Africa. Let's return to that day.

Candace and I arrived in Cape Town on the 7th of December - just two days short of Candace's 24th birthday. And so when I woke up on the 9th of December I had a special plan. I booked tickets well in advance for the cable car to the top of Table Mountain - and that is where we went for a picnic dinner that evening. Unfortunately the weather was rather fickle, but it was still a good trip! Enjoy these photos!

 Nothing like a South African braai!
 Candace with my two nephews, Jesse and Rhyenn.
 Candace's birthday cake.
 It was a rainbow cake!
 Looking down at the Lower Cable Way Station as we go up the cable car.
 The City of Cape Town sprawls beneath us.
Looking towards Lion's Head and Signal Hill. Robben Island is in the distance.
 The Upper Cable Way Station.
 Both cable cars are visible here.
 Heading back down again. Devil's Peak is shrouded in cloud.
After our trip at Table Mountain we went to the Waterfront. It was a great day!

No comments: