Saturday 26 April 2014

Farewells (to the One you love) aren't easy...

Candace and I spent a fantastic three weeks together, but soon the time came for us to say farewell again. She had to return to her nursing job in Indiana, while we both wait on our US immigration process. We spent a lovely final few days together in Cape Town, during which we kayaked again on Marina da Gama, had a family braai, and visited my great-aunt Jean in her retirement home in Pinelands, a suburb of Cape Town. It was lovely to see the community aspect here! But soon enough Candace and I were enjoying our last meal together at the Cattle Baron and a couple of hours later I was driving her back to Cape Town International Airport. It was another sad farewell, but we are thankful for the progress that is being made on our case. My prayer is that the next time we see each other will be on American soil!

Candace with our nephews, Rhyenn and Jesse.
My beautiful wife and I at the Cattle Baron for supper the night of her departure.

No comments: