Monday 5 May 2014

Model inspiration...

After sitting around for over a month since Candace left, feeling lonely and pretty sorry for myself, (and driving Candace crazy) I have finally found some inspiration. I have blogged previously about model ships that I have made over the years, and I am about to embark on my most ambitious venture.

 My master plan.

I am hoping to build a 1:100 scale model of the M/V Africa Mercy. I'm still putting things together in my mind, and have to source some supplies, but I have started my planning in earnest. The model will measure some 152 cm in length, with a beam of around 23.7 cm. This compares to the 152 m (499 feet) length and 23.7 m (78 feet) beam of the real vessel. Assuming the build goes well, then there will be updates documenting each step as the model comes to life.

Of course, should our US visa process interrupt my model making, then my priority is to my wife and joining her in Indiana! Until then, I will be pretty busy with this model. And I'm happy with that. :-)

The forward end of my card stock Africa Mercy plan.

No comments: