Friday 31 October 2014

AFM in Cape Town...

The Africa Mercy was berthed at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa, for the first half of October. They have since departed and sailed to Toamasina, Madagascar, where they are currently docked for an eight-month Field Service. This photo is of the AFM docked in Cape Town earlier this month. Photo thanks to Jodie Rothwell.

It was bitter-sweet for Candace and I to have missed the ship being in my hometown of Cape Town, but we were very happy that my family and our ship family were able to connect while the ship was in port.

It was also special for me to see my ship model on display at the Mercy Ships exhibit at the Waterfront. I'm glad that it's being put to good use generating publicity and interest for Mercy Ships Southern Africa. Photo here also thanks to Jodie.

I am so glad that my hometown gave you so many good memories, ship family! May the Lord bless you richly as you begin your Field Service to the people of Madagascar! Much love!

 The Mercy Ships display at the Waterfront. Photo thanks to Jen Peterschmidt.
Mercy Ships family with my model behind. Photo again thanks to Jen.
 My nephew Jesse enjoys tea in the Starbucks cafe of the AFM. :-) Photo thanks to Debbie Crawford.
 My parents and nephew Rhyenn enjoy supper with our friend Akbar on the ship. Photo thanks to Akbar Kamara.
 My parents with Akbar outside the ship. Photo again thanks to Akbar.
 My brother Lindsay and his girlfriend Nina with the AFM behind. Photo thanks to Nina Grobler.

No comments: