Wednesday 13 June 2018

Granny Departs...

Mom headed back to Cape Town on Tuesday, 24th April. After Mom had said some tearful goodbyes to Candace and the still-sleeping Eliza, Riaan and I drove her up to Indianapolis International Airport. It was extremely difficult saying our goodbyes, and I had tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat. It was an awesome visit and we loved hosting my mom!

Riaan especially enjoyed having his Granny from Cape Town visiting him, too. I know that she's made quite an impression on him. He often talks about Granny (and Grandad) in Cape Town and how he misses her. We love you and miss you, Mom. Thanks so much for coming to visit us and come back anytime! If not, we hope to visit South Africa again in the next year or two, so we're looking forward to seeing everyone again then! :)

 Saying farewell to Eliza.
 View over the apron at Indianapolis International Airport.
 Granny gave Riaan her American change to put towards a toy or sweet.
Selfie with Mom/Granny before she headed through security and the boarding gates.

No comments: