Friday 21 January 2022

Walk on the Common...

The Rondebosch Common is close to my parents' house and I have spent many many hours on this special place. It is a National Monument and the site of a military camp ground and rubbish dump dating from the 1800s. It also contains the critically endangered Cape Flats Sand Fynbos and numerous small insects, fauna and flora. We went for a walk with my Mom here on Wednesday, 15th December - after I had paid a socially-distanced visit to my brother and his girlfriend. :)

Visiting my brother and his girlfriend who were isolating due to COVID-19.
Walking through the forest on the Common.
Colourful caterpillar.
Fiscal shrike (butcher bird) perched on a stick.
Red Cross Children's Hospital across the Common.
Pretty pink flowers.
Pretty yellow flowers.
Pretty blue flower.
And purple flowers, too!
Selfie on the Common - with Table Mountain and Devil's Peak in the background.
Walking back down Norfolk Lane.

No comments: