Saturday 23 March 2013

The 2013 Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour...

The 36th edition of the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour occurred on Sunday, 10th March 2013. This was my 23rd Tour and, as has become tradition over the last few years, I rode it in Mercy Ships kit to raise awareness for this mission organisation that has a special place in my heart.

The Cycle Tour was also special for another reason this year: my wife Candace entered and cycled alongside me the whole way. It was her first tour and - considering she hadn't ever cycled more than 30 kilometres before December last year - she did amazingly well. She kept me going towards the end when I was struggling with a terrible stitch in my side. We finished the 109-kilometre event in 5 hrs 45 minutes - and were very happy to have finished the route without incident!

 Cyclists line up for the start.
 On the start line.
The day before the Cycle Tour was the children's Junior and Tricycle Tour. My nephews took part in the 1,5 km route.
 My three-year-old nephew Jesse approaches the finish...
And here comes his five-year-old brother, Rhyenn!

No comments: