Sunday 2 January 2011

Last Days in Cape Town...

"Time flies when you're having fun", or so the old adage goes. And this is true when I look back at my time in Cape Town this Christmas and New Year's. I have been able to hike up Table Mountain, cycle the roads of Cape Town with my parents, and catch up with old friends and family. I have also driven down to Cape Point (picture here from that drive) with a couple of my Gateway sisters, Christina and Danae, and we even went to see Johnny Clegg play live at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens for New Year's. It was one of my best New Year's celebrations in many years!

And tomorrow I fly to Durban and head back to the ship - not Appelsbosch - to set up Reception and the Purser's office onboard prior to all the crew coming onboard later in the month. I am thankful for this break I have had in Cape Town and am now getting ready for a busy next few weeks as we bring the Africa Mercy back online ahead of our 2011 Field Service to Sierra Leone. Please pray that this process goes smoothly - thanks! And I pray that 2011 is an AMAZING year for all of you!

Here are some photos of my final few days in Cape Town.

The waters were so clear in Cape Point Nature Reserve!

With Danae and Christina at the Cape of Good Hope.

We nearly got blown away at Cape Point!

The next day we went to Kirstenbosch for the New Year's Eve concert. Can't beat that setting for a view!

I even broke out my new fedora hat!

Johnny Clegg performs on stage.

With Rhyenn and Jesse, my two nephews.

No comments: