Sunday 18 November 2012

One final blood donation...

I didn't think it would happen - given that Candace and I leave the ship in ten days' time - but I had the opportunity to donate blood again last week. (14th November 2012.) It's a bit of a love-hate relationship with blood donations and me. You see, I hate the needle and the initial pain, but I know that donating blood is ALWAYS worth it and will greatly bless someone.

It also meant that I have now donated in all the Mercy Ships Field Service locations that I have served in: Liberia, 2008 (Twice); Benin, 2009 (Once); Togo, 2010 (Once); Sierra Leone, 2011 (Twice); and now Guinea, 2012 (Once). It's definitely a good way to end our time on the Africa Mercy - while blessing a patient in the Hospital!

Save a life - donate blood!

No comments: