Saturday 31 October 2015

Nazgul helmet...

Candace and I were invited to a birthday tea (supper) by our friends the Maleys back in September. Their children are Lord of The Rings fans and the meal was a Hobbit-styled tea. I decided to surprise them by dressing up as the Witch-King of Angmar, the leader of the Nazgul in Tolkien's Middle-Earth books. I made the helmet and mask with some instructions that I had found online. It turned out really well! I can now say that I've been Aragorn - at my 21st birthday in 2005 - and the Witch-King a decade later! :)

 I started by cutting the helmet shape out of cereal boxes. I then glued it together.
 I used paper mache to strengthen the cereal box cardboard.
 The next step was the spikes for the side of the helmet.
 I then glued the spikes onto the helmet.
 And finally, I painted it and used a clear glue to add extra strength and give it a metallic look.
 Aragorn in 2005...
 Witch-King in 2015!
With the Maley's children at the Hobbit birthday tea. :)

No comments: