Saturday 21 December 2013

Cricket at Newlands...

I hadn't seen the South African national cricket team live at a stadium since January 2011. I was thus very excited to be able to watch the Proteas face Pakistan in a T-20 (Twenty-20) International cricket match here in Cape Town. My Dad and I, along with my friend Fritz, went and watched the game on Friday, November 22nd. Although South Africa narrowly lost the match, it was still a good evening's sporting entertainment!

Teams line up for the national anthems. SA on the left, Pakistan on the right.
Dale Steyn prepares to bowl.
Wicketkeeper and other fielders.
AB de Villiers, South Africa's captain in the one-day format of the game.
Hashim Amla batting in South Africa's chase.
Newlands has a beautiful backdrop with Table Mountain and Devil's Peak.
Looking across towards one of the main stands.
Cricket at night has an awesome atmosphere!

No comments: