Monday 6 January 2014

Happy New Year!

A New Year has dawned and I was very thankful to be able to see in 2014 with my Mercy Ships family here onboard the M/V Africa Mercy. The South African crew had a lovely braai on the dock in the evening of the 31st December. I worked evening shift in Reception that day, but I was able to pop down and enjoy a nice steak with my South African friends. Once my shift finished at 23h00 (11pm), I joined the rest of the crew in the Town Square area of the ship to see in the New Year. We played games, listened to lively African worship music, and had snacks and non-alcoholic sparkling wine. It was a great place to be at the dawn of 2014!

SA crew braaiing on the dock.
South African crew enjoying good fellowship.
With the Marx family - SA crew who were in Candace's Gateway in June 2011.
The worship band played some amazing African worship!
Crew relaxing in Town Square.
African dancing in Town Square.
Candace-on-a-Stick made an appearance. :-)

No comments: