Tuesday 10 July 2012

Fishing trip...

Candace's brothers, Jake and Matt, took me fishing last week. It was the first time I've ever been fishing, and I loved it! We left the house early on Wednesday (4th July) and drove to a lake on private land. Here we launched the boat and spent the next few hours fishing. I managed to catch about four or five fish, which wasn't a bad effort for my first try. We then headed back to Odon where we filleted the fish and prepared it for cooking. We fried the fish yesterday and it was delicious! I'm loving all the new experiences I'm having here in southern Indiana! The photo at right above is with my first catch.

 The sun was only just rising as we started fishing.
 The lake was really beautiful.
 With two of the bass.
 Learning how to fillet a fish.
Fish-fry!

No comments: