Thursday 6 April 2017

Cycling and Mountain Biking in Cape Town...

Candace and I joined my Dad for a couple of lovely cycle rides around the streets of Cape Town during our visit. I was also able to join my Dad for a fantastic mountain bike ride through the leafy suburbs of Constantia and Tokai. (Tuesday, 14th March.) It was a really fun morning cycling along various trails in a beautiful setting.

Since I was last in Cape Town in 2014, the City of Cape Town has definitely created more bicycle routes and is really becoming a front-runner when it comes to offering options for people to get outside and be active. It's awesome!

In terms of road cycling, there are plenty of routes that are memorised in my mind from my 25-plus years of cycling the streets of Cape Town. One of my favourite rides is from my parent's home out to Tokai, in the shadow of the Constantiaberg mountain. We did this route early on Sunday, 19th March. The roads were really quiet and it was a lovely last cycle in Cape Town for this trip. I'll miss cycling in Cape Town when we're back in Indiana.

 Mountain biking with Dad on a short road section.
 Cycling along the edge of Tokai forest.
 Lower Tokai Park sign.
 Sandy single track.
 Beautiful view of the mountain in the background.
Candace and I with Riaan after our final cycle in Cape Town. I'll miss my trusty Cannondale bike!

No comments: