Sunday 3 November 2013

The Waiting Game...

I'm interrupting my Tristan blog posts to share some important news for those of you who follow Candace's and my adventures. The Tristan blog posts will continue again soon.

As many of you will know, my wife and I have been living here in South Africa for almost a year now, since we left the Africa Mercy late last November. Since then, Candace and I have volunteered with Mercy Ships at the Mercy Vision Zithulele Eye Care Project in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, and more recently we have been out of the country to visit Tristan da Cunha.

We were always toying with the idea of heading back to the USA after the Tristan trip to be with Candace's family for Thanksgiving, as well as to get settled (for a time) in Indiana. But we had always just figured that I would have my spousal visa in hand by now, and we'd be together. But unfortunately the process has stalled and we're not sure when I'll be able to head to America. It's one of those "it'll happen when it happens" things.

In the meantime, when we returned from Tristan on October 9th, Candace was only stamped into South Africa for 30 days. This was because her existing SA relative's permit expired while we were on Tristan. We weren't sure what the process would entail to get her current 30-day permit extended, but we took it as a sign that it was time for Candace to head back to the States and start looking for a job on that side.

So that being said, Candace leaves for her family home in Indiana this coming Tuesday (November 5th), while I will remain in South Africa. We trust in God and know that He has a plan for us and that it will all come together in His perfect timing. We just pray that the process won't take too long and that we will soon be together again. Please continue to pray for us at this challenging time - many thanks!

No comments: